Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dolly's fifth entry; or, a trip to Hogsmeade.

I'm currently sitting at Erin's new kitchen table eating a chocolate frog and honeysuckle, and finishing up a lovely cup of English Breakfast tea. This has been the perfect day. We went up and down Hogsmeade (my name for the little district Erin lives in), in and out of thrift stores, and spent a surprisingly short time in my favorite chocolate store ever. I bought the aforementioned chocolate frog, and an apple pate de fruit, and then Erin and I went to Subway (which, by the way, had probably the least friendly, oddest employee ever) and I made myself eat half of the sandwich before I'd be allowed to eat the chocolate frog. Erin pointed out that I'm an adult and can eat dessert first if I want, but I figured I should at least pretend to be responsible and grown up before I ate my Harry Potter candy. I almost bought some Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans but they were nearly seven dollars and Erin said I shouldn't spend that much, and of course, she was right.

Alright, so I'll stop rambling now and do a sort of picture recap of our day. :D:D

Photobucket

That's the sketch alleyway that we have to sidle through to get to Erin's door or to get to the street. That alleyway began our journey into Hogsmeade.

Photobucket

This goat. . . ram? was standing on the porch on the front of Erin's apartment. As you can see, he's wearing a purple feather boa and a towel on his face. We're still confused as to what it was doing there. . . and it wasn't there when we came back.

Photobucket

Erin posing with a mannequin we found in one of the thrift stores in Hogsmeade. There were also Chinese men bargaining with the store's owner and manager; to us, it sounded like they were trying to get their clothes and fabrics sold at this store. It was awkward.

Photobucket

Erin bought these Butterscotch Drops at the chocolate store and we opened them in Subway and ate one. . .and my goodness, they're good. Legit butterscotch. The reason she bought them was because the tin has tartan and bagpipes on it. Erin's pretty Scottish. <3 href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank">Photobucket

My chocolate frog, still in the wrapper. I'm still disappointed that it didn't come in a little box. It was tasty either way.

Photobucket

My chocolate frog~! Erin made me take a picture before I ate it.

Photobucket

The wizard trading card inside the wrapper. It's holographic. :3

Photobucket

My apple pate de fruit. So yummy.

Photobucket

Erin's grandma brought freshly cut flowers, so while they were putting up curtains and cleaning, I was arranging roses and honeysuckle. I was in heaven. That one's on her mantle.

Photobucket

Erin's grandma brought this table, too. It had to be cleaned, and Erin had the genius idea of putting lace over the table base and under the glass, and then she put the leftover flowers that I couldn't get into a vase on the lace. Gorgeous. And of course, on top of the table is my other bouquet. Erin says I'm a good florist. :D <3>


No comments:

Post a Comment