Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dolly's tenth entry; or, what is this morning thing?

Hello, avid readers. :] It's currently after 10:30 in the evening and I'm still awake. I'm actually really proud of myself for this, since I've been awake since 6:30 this morning. Erin and I marathon slept yesterday and actually managed to sleep through the night; she got 15 hours, I'm not sure how long I slept.

We woke up and I actually had a breakfast of eggs and toast and tea. Imagine, breakfast food at breakfast time? The idea of referring to a meal based on the time of day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) had started to become foreign to me, not having been awake/hungry at regular meal times in a week. I think I got back on track today, though.

After breakfast (and a bit of lounging about, procrastination, and adding buttons to my skirt), Erin and I set off for Martins, since she needed to pick up a few things. On the way, we happened across the costume shop, and had to go in to ask if they were hiring (of course). We ended up spending a good hour in there trying on colonial and Victorian dresses, until we found matching satin dresses in different colors (hers maroon, mine green). We hunted down velvet capes and then stood in front of the mirror, flouncing our skirts and glaring and smirking, and pretending to be Death Eaters.

Alas, we couldn't loiter in the costume shop all day, so we again embarked on our mission to Martins. A half hour and a good 25 pounds of groceries later, we were back in Hogsmeade and the heat, complaining the whole way. (Well, mostly Erin. I kept trying to tell her that if she didn't think about the heat, she wouldn't feel it as much, but she never listens to me.) On the way back to the Nest, we passed a thrift store that Erin loves, and so went in. After a bit of looking she found a Burberry bag (we're not sure if it's real, but it looks lovely either way) for only $7. I had to do a bit of convincing, but she bought it. The clincher? The woman who checked us out was from England, which we found out after Erin asked her. Outside of Liverpool, to be exact. When we left the store I couldn't help but gleefully comment that Erin had just bought a Burberry bag from an English woman, and we both bounced around happily for a bit.

Around 2:30, Lee came by the Nest and sat in the cool air for a bit (it was really rather muggy and very hot today), and then he and I set out for the bead shop. He got a nice strand of tiger's eye and a crystal pendant, and gave me two of the four tiger's eye stones. They're really gorgeous stones. I'll have to take a picture later; I can't be bothered to get out of this bed at the moment.

We ate lunch and then went back to the Nest, and then he left, and not too long after, I made dinner for Erin and I. As I cooked, it struck me what a picture we make. She, sitting in her bed on her computer, I in the kitchen cooking what she'd asked for. I really am Helga Hufflepuff, and I finally admit it. I'd known she was a Slytherin to the core. :] She commented that she would have made a great man, and I asked why. Her response: "I work, bring home the money, sit on my ass and mess around on my computer, while the woman cooks dinner. It's perfect." That's pretty much how the past week has gone. :D

I think I've rambled enough. What's this, a post with no pictures in it? If you're still with me dear reader, I applaud you and ask you to comment below, telling me if your attention span was long enough to get you here. :] <3

No comments:

Post a Comment