Saturday, June 5, 2010

Dolly's eleventh entry; or, all I want is some rice.

Hullo, avid readers. I'm really just updating right now so as not to fall asleep. I'm sitting at the Burrow with my little sister Jill and Mr. C, who's asleep. He had driving school today; apparently, you have to go to driving school if you run a red light. We're all waiting around for my dad to feel less sick; we're supposed to go to a Japanese restaurant for dinner, but my dad had the worst headache, so he's laying in the cool air.

My other younger sister Faye went to her prom today. My dad and I took Big Red (that's the truck that he built; words can't do it justice, I'll have to post a picture) to M-town to see her and her date all dressed up, and to take pictures.


Photobucket

That's Faye and her boyfriend Wilson. Aren't they adoooorable? She looks too old though.


Photobucket

Pinning the boutonnière. She was just posing; she had no idea how to do it. His dad ended up pinning it for her.




Photobucket

She looks so happy. :] He actually managed to do the corsage. So proud.

So after that, we were supposed to have dinner, but my dad's headache got worse, so he headed back to the Burrow while Mr. C and I got sno cones to tide me over until we could eat. The sno cone place that we go to has the best flavours, and you can mix them up. They have one called Beauty and the Beast that's really just cotton candy mixed with blue raspberry. Of course, I couldn't get a usual flavour, so. . .
I noticed that they had a cream soda flavour, so I searched the list of flavours for a bit for a butterscotch. . . to make butterbeer, of course. I couldn't find it, but I did find rum butter. I had to try it, so I got the two flavours mixed, and it actually tasted exactly like what I'd imagine a butterbeer to taste like as a sno cone.



Photobucket

It looks a little like blood, but it tasted great. <3

On the way back to the Burrow, Jill regaled Mr. C and I with her tales of being G. She considers herself a gangster, which is hilarious because she's a little white girl with a very slight southern accent. It's pretty incredible. Her story started with "so there was this mannequin". Just now, actually she was talking about her woes when it comes to watching movies online, and how an ad always plays, but it's just the sound, and it's all about how to make shrimp. "I have to close the whole window, because if not, it's just old people talking about shrimp over and over."

That's pretty much all that's happened today. We're hopefully going to eat soon; the restaurant we're going to has incredible food. I'm starving.

Here's another little gem, just for lulz. Erin and I saw this van in the parking lot at Martins and she made me take a picture of it. In retrospect, I'm glad I did.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Awh, she looks great. I feel like getting dressed up for something now.

    And that van. Pure win.

    ReplyDelete